2016 ESA Annual Meeting
Fort Lauderdale, USA | August 7-12th 2016
- Participate in Student Section events!! Click HERE to see the lineup
- Don't over-schedule yourself with talks
- Network with other students, not just professors (these are your colleagues-to-be)
- Don't just hang with people you know
- Introduce yourself to the speakers you liked
- Invite people that you connect with out to lunch / coffee / dinner / drinks
- Attend workshops, mixers and field trips (small-group events)
- Ask around for talk recommendations
- Set a goal for the week: meet 5 people, introduce yourself to your academic hero, etc.
- Most importantly: relax, make friends, have a blast!!
Not to be missed
- The Student Section Mixer: there really is no better way to meet your peers.
- The Student Section Business Meeting: Its your section, tell us what you want.
- The Student Section Booth: We'll have a booth in the poster exhibit hall. Stop by and say hi!
- The Student Section Lounge: We'll have our very own room (113, FCC) all day, everyday throughout the meeting. Stop by for a little break or to network.
Need help with registration fees? Volunteer
Volunteers at the annual meeting are eligible for a full refund of their meeting registration fees, as long as they complete their time requirements.
ESA will select around 100 responsible undergraduate and graduate students as volunteers to help out during the ESA Annual Meeting. Tasks vary, but they all help this large, complex event run smoothly.
Student Volunteer applications must be received by the June 16th, 2016 Early Bird Registration deadline. Keep your eyes peeled for the official call for applications.