Open officer positions!
We are always looking for motivated students to take on leadership positions with the ESA Student Section. Please see below for the available positions and application process. We generally only accept applications for Student Section Board positions between August and September 1st, or until positions are filled, while liaison positions are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. The board positions available each year are Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer.
If you are interested: please email us a short paragraph description of the position you are interested and why to email@example.com. Please also include your affiliation in this e-mail. Thank you for your interest!
Liaison Responsibilities (See list of sections at the end of the post):
- Attend the Business Meeting in 2016
- Occasional phone/skype updates and discussions
- 1 Blog post/year to the ESA SS website about what your section is about and what they’re doing at the next meeting/awards available.
- Participate in liaison meetings (we’re thinking 3x per year - so we can run ideas by you and you can tell us what you think of how things are going.)
- Help man the ESA SS Booth in 2016
Plant Population Ecology
Policy Section Liaison/Representative to the Public Affairs Committee (1 position) - The Public Affairs Committee (PAC) Student Representative is a full member of the PAC and helps advise ESA on public affairs including policy, media and communications. The PAC Representative participates in all PAC meetings, usually 2 in person meetings annually with one in Washington DC (with travel support from ESA) and one at the Annual Meeting. This individual also serves as the Student Section Liaison to the Policy Section.
Researchers at Undergrad. Inst.
Science Committee - not a section but a position with actual meetings and work (see ESA website to see what they do [http://www.esa.org/esa/?page_id=116]).
Traditional Ecological Knowledge
Early Career Ecology (New Section)
Open Science (New Section)