This section is intended to highlight resources in pursuing a career in Ecology (primarily at the academic level). The resources here highlight the various areas of skill development in teaching and mentoring, as well as resources for building diversity in Ecology.
TEACHING & MENTORING
Teaching and Mentoring- Personal practice for meaningfully engaging undergraduates and graduate students
- Mentoring hierarchy (Faculty-PostDoc-Graduate Student-Undergrad).
- HHMI Entering Mentoring Program: mentorship training for graduate students, postdocs and faculty.
- Students learning about the struggles of scientists benefit in the long run.
- Science Bound: program to engage underrepresented students in STEM
- Yale Summer Institutes for Scientific Teaching. Developing best practices in teaching.
CAREER SUPPORT & HUMAN DIVERSITY
- Academic Concerns through online therapy/support groups
- AAUP for supporting academic concerns (only available for unionized TA/GA institutions, may not be available at all places)
- Women in Science Summit 2016 at the California Academy of Sciences: A really cool day long summit to support women in STEM.
- Promoting appropriate budgeting models for each institution
- Strategies to increase diversity across different departments
- NGO Investigation into Diversity and Environmental Movements