REAL BROWN TRAVEL AWARDS
The Student Section offers national and international travel awards to encourage student attendance at the annual ESA meeting. These awards target students presenting at the meeting who could not otherwise afford to attend.
Applications are due on June 1st, Annually at 5pm Eastern Standard Time (see link to application below).
ELIGIBILITY AND NOMINATION
- You must be a member of ESA and the Student Section.
- You must be enrolled as a student (high school, undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D).
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You must be presenting (poster or oral format) unless you are a high school student.
- If awarded a travel grant we kindly request that you
- help us evaluate our travel grant applications next year. We are proud that our travel grants are completely organized and evaluated by students; but we need your help to ensure that we can continue this tradition.
- volunteer 3 hours of your time at the annual meeting to serve at our booth during the afternoon poster sessions (Mon-Thur, 4-7pm). This time may be broken up into two 1.5 hour slots.
- Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be evaluated by their student peers by the criteria outlined in the travel award evaluation rubric. We strongly encourage you to review this rubric. We strongly discourage applicants who have access to other sources of funding for the meeting.
Domestic travel awards are in the amount of $300; international travel awards are in the amount of $500. The number of awards given in each category varies from year to year. Applications are due on June 1st, Annually at 5pm EST. You will be notified of award status by July 8th.